Owning your own home has long been part of the American dream. It's a goal most of us rightfully aspire to, and one that can often help build wealth. Indeed, 64% of Americans own a home today. If'
Home Buyers Checklist
Dated: December 28 2014
There are some important things to know when you are buying a home. This checklist may give you some help.
1. Ask your Real Estate Agent for their preferred lender or contact your lender, to get the financing process started as soon as possible. The Loan application will be started.
2. Once you find a home, there will be a contract signed by both parties once both parties agree on terms.
3. Option Fee will need to be given to Sellerand Earnest Money will need to be given to Title Company.
4. Fully Executed Contract (which means signed by buyer and seller) needs to be provided to the title company
5. The same such Executed Contract needs to be provided to the mortgage company.
6. Need to request an inspection of the property. Ask our agent if you need assistance, there is a time limit for this to be completed by.
7. Check with the Title Company for any commitment requirements.
8. Ask your loan officer to give you a list of closing cost and prepaid items you are required to pay.
Required at Closing:
1. For any funds you are required to pay to the title company, will need to be on a cashiers check. This information will be provided by the lender.
2. Driver's License of any one listed on the contract.
3. Ask for House keys, garage door openers and any security/access cards you may need.
Any questions, contact www.kim.ivyleaguerealtytexas.com
Kim Mauldin, Realtor
Texas Real Estate Consumer Protection Notice