Owning your own home has long been part of the American dream. It's a goal most of us rightfully aspire to, and one that can often help build wealth. Indeed, 64% of Americans own a home today. If'
Movers Checklist Ten Items To Think About
Dated: December 23 2014
If you are moving there are some items that need to be taken care of.
1. Minimize your belongings, garage sale, donate to a charity
2. If you are using a company to move you, get several quotes to make sure you are getting the best deal. Check for moving insurance to protect yourself and your belongings.
3. Make sure you bank, credit cards and any other financial institution has your new contact information.
4. Have a plan for your furniture in your new home, this will help the movers and eliminate some stress
5. Review all bills and make sure accounts are current before moving; close accounts as needed, give new address to accounts that need it; transfer accounts if possible
6. Advise schools and medical facitlities of your new address. Request records if moving our of their area.
7. Maintain a record of your moving expenses, including house hunting expenses; this can used for tax purposes.
8. Take items with you that are private or important.
9. Check on the return of items in deposit boxes, storage units or items someone may have borrowed.
10. And Finally, pack necessities if the movers do not arrive on schedule.