Owning your own home has long been part of the American dream. It's a goal most of us rightfully aspire to, and one that can often help build wealth. Indeed, 64% of Americans own a home today. If'
Planning On Selling Your Home
Your house will likely sell faster if it shows well. Your agent will have some ideas of what needs to be done due to their experience with home selling. The "what is hot and what is not" thought process. Potential buyers get impressed by clean home, uncluttered, in good repair, light and quiet. Below are some items that may help:
1. Clean everything: a clean home shows the buyer the home has been taken care of.
2. Get rid of clutter; as hard as it is, have a garage sale, clean out closets, throw away what you can't get rid of. In this case, "Less is More".
3. Let the light in; open the blinds, pull back curtains, Bright, open rooms show bigger and more inviting.
4. Get rid of smells that are not pleasant. Smells from pets, cooking, tobacco, laundry are not what they want to smell. Use Scenty's or the like to create a soft good smell. Baked bread and cinnamon are known to give off a positive smell.
5. Fix anything that is broken; if they feel they have to fix a lot of items when they move in, they may offer less than desired. It needs to look move in ready.
6. If possible, send pets away during showing time. Some people are not pet people will not take kindly to any animals on site. If you can't send them away, then make sure home is clean up and their presence is minimal.
7. Painting is one big item that will help sell, nothing like a fresh coat of paint.
Texas Real Estate Consumer Protection Notice