Owning your own home has long been part of the American dream. It's a goal most of us rightfully aspire to, and one that can often help build wealth. Indeed, 64% of Americans own a home today. If'
Unexpected Expenses After Buying A Home
Dated: December 28 2017
Don't get caught off guard after you have purchased a home! Here is a list of some things that you might want to consider buying after closing.
1. Lawnmower - Unless you are moving from a previous home where you owned your own lawnmower, this is a necessary purchase. Or you can also go the easier route and hire a lawn service to mow!
2. Hose - Such a simple purchase but so easy to forget to buy.
3. Refrigerator - The previous owners probably will not have left their shiny Frigidaire so don't forget to make a trip to your local hardware store to pick one out.
4. New Locks- You never knew who might have had a copy to the front door so don't forget to get those replaced asap!
5. Fire escape ladder and fire extinguisher - These are items that you most likely (and thankfully) will never have to use. It's worth it to have peace of mind, though!
Texas Real Estate Consumer Protection Notice